Cleveland Show ( Cleveland Agricultural Society) is committed to protecting your personal data and processing it only in accordance with legal requirements. For more details you should request a copy of our GDPR policy. We process your personal data as it is necessary for the performance of our contact with you to facilitate your entry to the show. We will not transfer your data outside of EEA (European Economic Area) and will not share your data with third parties, expect for Breed Societies and/or affiliated Societies and Equine Events, to whom we submit entries and results, to be checked for validity and eligibility based on their legitimate interests.
Results will also be circulated with members of the Press and published on our website. We retain your data in accordance with our retention schedule to simplify future applications. You have various rights in the data we hold including rectification and objecting to processing.
Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
3. Third-party service cookies